Saturday, January 06, 2007

Since the holidays ended I've been busy, busy, busy back at work, home and church... so not much time to blog or even get on the computer! But I had to take a break from my "to do" list and write something on the off chance that maybe somebody out there is actually reading my blog every now and then! I also took a total break from crocheting over Christmas.(I know this is hard for some "addicts" to understand, but it had to be done!) I was a little burned out after all the craft fair projects and Christmas gifts, and I needed some time away from the hook and yarn to replenish my creative juices. Now I am ready to crochet again, and not a moment too soon, either!

You see, my pastor and his wife, who have been trying to have a baby for 5 years, are finally adopting a baby girl! She was born during the holidays, and they are just waiting on the paper work to go through so she can come home with them. Our whole church was obviously very excited at this news, so some of the ladies have planned a shower for them this Sunday. This is great because they really don't have any "baby stuff" at all...but this also meant that I had exactly 6 days to complete a baby blanket! Since I haven't been a crochet-aholic for very long, I don't have any of stand-by patterns or any extra baby blankets just lying around...so I had to come up with something quick and easy! I finally decided to go with LB's Hooded Blanket (the pattern on the "Pound of Love" labels) because it doesn't have any major pieces to join and is just a simply pattern stitch. I am over 2/3 finished with the main blanket, so I should be able to get it all whipped together tonight! (But only if I get off the computer and get back to work!) I just hope that they like it and are able to get alot of use out of it. That's the most important thing to me! Well, back to work....

Stitchin' and Grinnin',
Cocoa

No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random