Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm Still Here!

It's been a while since I blogged on here, but I've been busy! Here's my latest crafty creation: a baby blanket for a friend at church who is expecting a little girl! This was my first attempt at quilting, and I'm actually pretty pleased with the end result. I have, however decided that any birthday money I get this month is going toward a rotary cutting set and some other quilting tools. I really enjoyed the process, and since I have ALOT of cotton fabric scraps lying around, I'm thinking about making a one-piece mosaic style quilt in my spare time. Anyway, here's the quilt:





All folded up and ready to go!




Finished product--quilt top




Detail of quilting




Border detail





Quilt back
Thanks for looking! Hopefully my next update will come a bit sooner. I'm currently working on a dress to wear to the program on the last day of school. My last dress making attempt turned out to be quite a disappointment (thanks to a poorly written Butterick pattern--I'm never buying Butterick again!) But this pattern is one I've made before from Simplicity, and I have high hopes that it will be absolutely darling!
Stitchin' and Grinnin',
Cocoa




No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random