Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy day! I am no longer depressed! Hooray!

Last night I decided to make matching hats for my Gran and her husband for Christmas. So, I went on a mad search for a hat pattern that seemed appropiate for an older adult, that was functional and warm (they live in the cold and windy North) and that had some pretty detail to make it unique. I finally discovered a wonderful pattern by Lisa at Crochet Garden that is just perfect. (It is the "Thick Warm Crocheted Winter Hat.") It is simple and practical in construction, and the cables and ridges give it just the right amount of detail. I was a bit nervous about making the hats at first, since I have only made one hat in my entire life...but I am so glad I decided to jump in and do it! Since I am still technically a relatively inexperienced crocheter, I had never tried front or back post stitches before; and this pattern in chalk full of them! I also had never attempted (or even considered attempting) cables before. But now that I have learned these stitches, I see how truly simple they are! And I am already imagining the possibilities for future projects involving these stitches!

Amazing! I have something to do and something to look forward to doing! That makes my day!

Stitchin' and Grinnin' Once Again,
Cocoa

No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random