Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lazy Saturday

I'm supposed to be doing something productive today, but I'm afraid I haven't gotten very far yet! I've been spending too much time sitting in front of this computer! But it hasn't been a total waste of time, I guess. I just ordered my first crochet pattern books ever! It took me a long time to decide what to get, but the fact that I only had a $25 gift card helped me narrow it down! So, after much deliberation, I decided to get 2007 Crochet Pattern-A-Day Box Calendar and 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans. I really wanted to get some others as well, but I just can't afford alot right now. I'm hoping that in the future I can purchase some books with more "wearables" in them, like the new Doris Chan book or the S'nB Happy Hooker (in spite of it's decidedly risque title!) I also saw an intriguing looking new book only available for pre-order on Amazon: In the Loop: 30 Fun and Sexy Designs for Crochet. It looks like it should have some trendy patterns, and I love the idea of being able to input your own body measurements and get a custom-fit pattern! Plus, the designer lives in Chicago and all the pics were taken there. Since I used to live in Chi-town, I'd get the book to just to reminisce about the city again!

Anywho, I have been doing a bit of crocheting, not just dreaming about patterns. My current project is a Seraphina shawl worked with Red Heart Symphony in Tundra. I found this yarn in a clearance basket at Wal-Mart, and I thought it would make a great sweater. But I still haven't found a pattern I like, so I decided to use a little for a shawl instead. I've seen this shawl all over the internet, and I kinda liked it. I really like it now that I have been making it. My current dilemma is just how long to make it before I stop. The length right now is rather flirty and elegant looking, but it's not super warm for wearing around the house. But it sure looks great over a little black dress! So, I might just have to cut this one short for wearing out and make one a little longer and with a heavier yarn for everyday use. Hmmmmm....


Here's "Seraphina" so far. She is about 22 inches long in the center (top to bottom).

And here is a detailed shot of the stitches. A dark background definitely helps to highlight the texture and lacy look of this shawl.

Well, now I really am going to get to work! No more silliness! (maybe.....)
Sittin' and Dreamin'
Cocoa

No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random