Monday, February 19, 2007

My First Sweater Ever!

The Caron Circle Jacket is finished and it was a success! I can hardly believe that I actually made a garment...let alone something that is more than a simple rectangle! I actually finished it Saturday, but I haven't had time to post until now. I was so proud of it I had to wear it to church Sunday! :o) I'm still thinking about blocking it, though. I think it might help show off some of the stitches better.

Anywho, as to the particulars...I did not do the double button "thingy" per the pattern. I just sewed on a button I happened to have that matches the yarn color. Speaking of the yarn, I use Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red. I really like the color! I would make one in black, too, but I already have enough black sweaters. I'm so glad I decided to go with the small size. I wasn't sure if it would fit according to the measurements in the pattern...but if I'd made it any larger I'd be swimming in it! Thanks to everyone who did this pattern before me and found all the errors, I really thought was pretty simple! So maybe I am an intermediate crocheter now! Woohoo!




So, now what project can I think up next? Hmmmmm.....
Dreamin',
Cocoa

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great Job! I love the color :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks great!

MikKnits said...

Absolutely beautiful. Great job!

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random