Sunday, March 04, 2007

In Case You Were Wondering

Yes, I am still alive. It has been far too long since my last post, though! Life around here has continued to rush past at whirlwind pace. But I think soon things will slow down a bit, at least for a week (Spring Break is coming! Yoohoo!) or two. To add to our busy schedules, DH has been sick all week with who-knows-what that has been making him nauseous and dizzy. It was so bad that he missed some classes and we stayed home from church Wednesday. He went to the doctor Friday, but they weren't positive about what's wrong with him. It could be an inner ear infection, but it's hard to say. They gave him this medication that is usually for motion sickness and is supposed to relieve the nausea and dizziness...but it's actually making him more dizzy! I hope he gets better soon because it's no fun to have a sick husband!

On the crochet front, I haven't done much since finishing the circle jacket. I did try out a few squares from the 200 Crochet Blocks book I got. They are really pretty, but each of them turned out a slightly different size even though I used the exact same hook and yarn for each! I thought that each square in the book was supposed to come out the same size so they could be mixed and matched...oh well, I guess I'll have to watch that once I actually sit down to make an afghan with these patterns!

Yesterday I started a new project...a round ripple for a gal at work who is having a baby boy this summer. It's my first round ripple, and I'm lovin' it! I can see why so many people use this pattern over and over. It's super easy and goes so quickly! I'm using really bright summery colors--bright yellow, green, aqua and blue along with a variegated that includes all those shades. Once I'm finished with this one, I'll be starting something for a gal at church who is having a girl around the same time. I don't know what I'm going to make for her yet...I have lots of time to decide. I just hate to be without some kind of project, so I'm always working ahead!

Well, I guess that's about all for today. I'm hoping to get back into blogging again this week. I might actually have time to do Tackle It Tuesday this week, too! That would be nice!

Stitchin' and Grinnin',
Cocoa

No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random